Joely Zeller, a beautiful and ambitious 32-year-old attorney is the only daughter of a Hollywood film royal. She’s determined to build a successful career, find love, and get married, all without her family’s help. To emerge from under her parents’ cloud of notoriety, Joely flees to New York to practice Estates and Trust law at a blue-chip Wall Street law firm. Enduring 90-hour workweeks for the next six years, she sacrifices her love life, only to have her career efforts foiled by her incredibly incompetent male counterpart. Joely then sees her golden ticket to self-actualization. With her experience and her Hollywood connections, she could start her own law firm back in Los Angeles. With her two best friends and former law classmates as partners, Joely sets about helping the recently disowned, dispossessed, and penniless sharpen their claws as they stake their claims to the fortunes of their dearly departed.
"Deathbed Dimes is a sassy and energetic novel about women making the best out of the worst. With Naomi Zener's satirical edge, even "rock bottom" is hilarious.”
- Angie Abdou, CBC Canada Reads 2011 finalist, author of The Canterbury Trail
"Deathbed Dimes is an edgy and witty debut novel - I can't wait for the sequel."
- Paula Froelich, NYT best-selling author of Mercury in Retrograde
"This book is a hilarious, incredibly well-written, shrewd insider's look at the zeitgeist of greed predominating battles people fight to inherit wealth. Reminding me of Nora Ephron's quick wit…I couldn't put it down."
- Rebecca Eckler, author of Knocked Up!, How To Raise A Boyfriend, and The Mommy Mob
“…a hilariously witty novel that proves you can't keep a strong woman down.”
- Bunmi Laditan, author of The Honest Toddler: A Child's Guide to Parenting
“The characters jumped off and page…so fun and suspenseful, I wanted to be in the story.”
- Ophira Eisenberg, author of "Screw Everyone: Sleeping My Way to Monogamy" and host of NPR's "Ask Me Another."
“Deathbed Dimes is a funny, acerbic, and raucous read written by someone who clearly knows the world she’s so vividly created.”
- Terry Fallis, author of award winning Best Laid Plans
"Deathbed Dimes' humorous and heartwarming urgency will have you turning pages and up all night rooting for the novel's neurotic narrator. Readers of Naomi Zener's entertaining and hilarious debut will lose themselves in the fascinating world, and recognize themselves in the novel's honest and revealing portrayal of one woman's desperate search for a place in the world."
- Julia Fierro, author of Cutting Teeth: A Novel